Pumpkin jewelry… Pumpkin recycling… From my last pp (pumpkin post) I still had some pumpkin seeds left over. No more soup, already gone… I´m sorry…:-)
- pumpkin seeds (I used 68:-)
- nylon thread
- leather strap
- magnetic jewelry catch
- acrylic color
- Kill a pumpkin 😉
- Dry cleaned pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet at 212°f, for about 20 minutes – keep watching…
- Don´t bake them to long, otherwise they start popping like popcorn. Funny, but a big mess to clean… Learning by doing, I know what I´m talking about:-)
- Thread pumpkin seeds, with a sewing needle on a nylon thread and color them with your favorite color and let dry.
- Make 3 pumpkin seed rows, with as much seeds as you want, the more seeds you add to your necklace, the nicer it´s gonna look like.Knot each pumpkin seed row onto the open ends of the leather strap.
Finally you created a really fancy, in my case golden shining necklace, using only a few things. For my necklace I adapted a magnetic jewelry catch, by cutting trough the other side and placing it on each end. The jewelry catch makes the necklace more adjustable.