Pumpkin, pumpkin in my kitchen who is the fairest one of all…?
Mmmmhhhh… A question I´m not really able to answer, but I can tell, who got the tastiest pumpkin soup. Chocolate flavoured pumpkin soup, sounds crazy and is crazy. Something you don´t want to miss… I just made it yesterday. I wanted to turn my ordinary pumpkin soup in an extraordinary soup, a fusion of pumpkin and chocolate.
The bittersweet chocolate doesn´t disappear in the soup, it´s a melted dream on top.
The only thing I don´t like about pumpkins is, that it always takes me hundrets of hours for peeling and cutting that pumpkin into small pieces.
Normally I do that with a knife which let me look like Freddy Krueger:-)
I know, I could cook with canned pumpkins, but I like to pick the seeds from the pumpkin.
My kitchen always look like a big mess afterwards, but it´s worth it.
chocolate flavoured pumpkin soup
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 medium onions, chopped
1 hokkaido pumpkin (about 20 oz)
2 small potatoes, chopped
3/4 cup whipping cream
1 3/4 cups vegetable broth
2 tbsp bittersweet chocolate, melted
salt and black pepper for seasoning
- Clean Hokkaido pumpin, peel it and cut into medium size pieces. Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chopped onions and cook, stirring often, until browned.
- Stir in potatoes and pumpkin and cook for about 1 minute until you pour in vegetable broth, blend well.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until pumpkin is done.
- Pour soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer soup back into saucepan and pour in whipping cream and season with salt and black pepper. Cook on medium-high heat for 1 minute.
- Melt bittersweet chocolate in microwave and drizzle over the soup before serving.