Is there anybody who don´t like cake balls? I don´t think so. Cake balls are sooooo tiny and soooooo delicious. For my brownie cake balls I used a brownie mix from Duncan Hines.
You can use any cake or brownie mix you like or you can also use my Chocolate Chip Walnut Brownies recipe.
Most of the recipes want you to use a cake for the cake balls, but I like to use a brownie mix, because the brownie gets more juicy and you don´t need that much frosting.
Brownie cake balls
- 1 box brownie mix (and whatever ingredients you need to make the brownie)
- 1 container frosting (I used chocolate fudge frosting)
- 2 packages of candy dips ( I used vanilla and chocolate)
- all kind of sprinkles and toppings for the cake balls
1. Bake the brownie. Just follow the discription on the back of the box. Let the brownies cool completely down.
2. Crumble the cake and mix in the frosting. Now attack the poor little brownie. It´s hard but we have to do that. Crumble the brownie before you add the frosting or its gonna be a big mess. Add as much frosting until it gets sticky and you can roll balls or any shape you like.
3. Roll the cake/frosting mixture to balls. Roll the mixture to the shape you would like them to look like. I tried to create a muffin look alike. Place them on a cookie sheet or plate and let them chill in the refrigerator.
4. Melt the chocolate and cover the cake pops. Melt the candy melts following the directions on the back of the package. Get the cake balls out of the refrigerator and dip them into the melted candy. If you use two different candy melt, you maybe have to store your cake balls after the first chocolate coating in the fridge again, to let the coating cool down, before running the next chocolate coating.
For the creamy surface of my cake pops I placed the white coating with a spoon instead of dipping them into the candy melt.
Caution: Be careful than after the first cake ball you´re gonna be addicted to them.
5. Decorate them with all kind of sprinkles and colors. Place the cake balls on a cookie sheet to dry and decorate them. Cake balls are a nice eye catcher for every party. Just wrap into foil with a colored ribbon and you´ve got the nicest gift ever.
Have fun and let me know how the came out. Maybe you want to send me pictures of your cake balls…