What about eating autumn colors? Last time we had caramel. This time I would like to have some pecans. So let´s go ahead and bake some caramel pecan tassies. Caramel and pecans unite in symbiotic flavour to make the pie nuttier. I love this combination. Small, easy and perfect to snack.
For this recipe I used homemade caramel toffee.
It´s really easy to make and you can store it the fridge for up to 3 weeks. The measurements for the nuts of the caramel pecan tassies, are after chopping them. Make sure the amount of nuts is 1/3 and 3/4 cups after chopping them.
caramel pecan tassiesIngredients: For the dough: 1/3 cup finely chopped pecan/40g 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened 3/4 cup flour Pinch of salt For the filling: 1 egg 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar 2 tablespoons caramel 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened 1/4 teaspoon salt 3/4 cup coarsely choppped pecans/95g Directions: For the dough:
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Put mascarpone and butter in a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until well combined and creamy.
- Add flour, salt and nuts and mix until combined and dough forms.
- Divide dough into 10 equal parts.
- Press each part into the bottom and up the sides to the cups of a muffin pan.
- Whisk together the egg, sugar, caramel, butter and salt in a medium bowl.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Place filling into each muffin cup and bake until the crust turns golden brown. (about 15 minutes)
- Cool down completely before unmolding the tassies.