„Take me to a picnic and I´m gonna bring some garlic knots.“
These little pieces of art work are so cute.
I found these delicious bites on justataste.
I just made them yesterday and there were gone before I had the chance to decorate them on a plate.
Watch out! Your family gonna snatch them away from you.
Yield: 4 dozen
(adapted from justataste)
2 lbs. store-bought or homemade pizza dough
All purpose flour, for rolling out dough
1 Tablespoon olive oil
3 Tablespoons butter
2 garlic cloves
1 Tablespoon italian herbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare baking sheets with baking paper.
- Divide dough in half, keeping half covered under a kitchen towel. Roll out the other half on a lightly floured surface, creating a 10-inch square.
- Cut the 10-inch square in half with a sharp knife to form two rectangles. Cut each rectangle into 12 strips
- Tie each strip into a knot and arrange them on the prepared baking sheets.
- Cover them with a kitchen towel while you repeat the rolling, cutting and tying process with the second half of the dough.Bake the knots for 5 minutes, then rotate the baking sheet and bake an additional 3-5 minutes until golden brown and fully cooked.
- While knots bake, grate the garlic cloves using a microplane and combine with olive oil and butter in a small sauce pan over low heat.
- Cook just until butter has melted and mixture is warmed. Remove from heat and stir in chopped italian herbs.
Immediately after baking, brush the baked knots with the garlic mixture and sprinkle with salt.