Autumn…Shades of brown…Bronze, Wheat, Coffee, Maroon, Chestnut, Caramel, Copper, Chocolate, it almost sounds like you could eat all of these colors. I love doing that. Let´s start with caramel. Homemade caramel toffee sauce. This caramel toffee sauce is perfect for refining all kind of cakes, waffles and desserts.
You can even pimp your morning coffee and make your day turn into a real sweet day.
homemade caramel toffee sauce
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into pieces
1 cup whipping cream, at room temperature
1 tablespoon fleur de sel
- Add the sugar in a heavy saucepan and start melting it over medium heat.
- The sugar will begin to form clumps, but after that, they gonna melt back down.
- Stir constantly until the sugar turns golden brown, it should look like reddish-brown and smell slightly toasted.
- At this point add the butter all at once. Be careful, the caramel is very hot, don´t burn yourself.
- Whisk the butter into the caramel until it´s completely melted.
- After removing the pan from the heat, pour in the cream. You still have to be careful, because the mixture is very hot and it´s gonna start to bubble again, as soon as you add the cream.
- Stir until the mixture is well combined. Now add the fleur de sel and wisk to a smooth texture.
- Set the sauce aside to cool. Pour into glass jars to refrigerate. You can refrigerate the sauce up to 3 weeks.